Catastrophes and unplanned interruptions do occur and can be very costly. In fact, 90 percent of businesses that lose data from a disaster are forced to close within two years. 80 percent of businesses without a well-structured recovery plan are forced to close within 12 months of a flood or fire. As if these numbers alone did not show the value in backing up one’s data, many companies are now requiring that their suppliers have disaster recovery processes in place in order to do business with them. Essentially, having a disaster recovery program is becoming more and more vital to achieving business longevity.
Datotel provides high availability colocation services for primary datacenter and disaster recovery environments. Our team can work with you to design a program that fits with your needs and your budget.
Plus, Datotel’s St. Louis based colocation facility offers more available space than most other colocation providers in the region.
Colocation Facility Systems & Environment
- Datotel’s facility houses a 2-megawatt, diesel backup generator with a 3,000-gallon fuel tank that provides multiple days of power in the case of a local power outage or degradation.
- An automatic transfer switch and the 500-KVa parallel redundant UPS ensure that even a brownout or a complete power failure does not affect critical systems.
- Cooling and humidity are controlled by 430 tons of redundant HVAC systems.
- The 30,000 square-foot facility provides scalability to meet clients’ business needs now and in the future.
- Additional space is available through Datotel in Chicago, Illinois, for businesses wanting backup or redundancy outside of St. Louis.
- Multiple carriers, including AT&T, Verizon, Level3, XO and Cogent all have direct presence within Datotel’s facility, providing clients not only choice in providers but also the scalability and flexibility they require.
- Datotel’s diverse strategic partnerships provide an added value to customers who benefit from reduced costs. Because Datotel is vendor-agnostic and carrier-neutral, they offer options and redundancy for the best service available.
- A team of over 30 employees, including highly-qualified technical specialists, vigilantly manage the facility and network 24/7/365 to ensure clients’ needs are being met at all times.
- With the use of individual access cards and biometric scanners, designated clients have unescorted access to the building 24/7/365. Video surveillance cameras monitor all activity in the facility, providing an extra security measure.