Business Development Associate
Datotel provides strategic IT solutions for our clients. As we continue our growth, we’re looking for a team member to increase revenue by generating new customer sales through a consultative, solution-based selling approach to effectively position the products and services of Datotel.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Drive the growth of Datotel’s revenues and gross margin across all product lines.
- Qualify, develop and close new accounts while creating value in a way that differentiates Datotel.
- Learn and understand the critical aspects of Datotel’s products and services and be able to communicate them intelligently.
- Initiate contact and follow-up with potential customers via email, phone, video and in-person visits.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of calling/selling activity and account profiles in Salesforce. Provide reports of activities to the management team on a regular basis.
- Conduct presentations and prepare proposals with support from Datotel’s internal resources. Play a key role in contract negotiations.
- Travel as necessary (<10%) to meet with prospects and customers. Accompany senior management on major account calls to assist in positioning the company and closing the sale.
- Recommend service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Represent Datotel in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
Career satisfaction and growth are some of the many foundational elements found at Datotel. You have the opportunity to work with dynamic, smart people on challenging projects. Successful candidates must also embody our Core Values: Passion, Do the Right Thing, Fun, Teamwork, Make Things Happen and Helping Others. These values provide the standards of behavior that we individually and collectively embrace and unite us as a team.
Successful candidates must be a fit for our culture and must be highly capable in each the following areas: adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking, problem solving, proactivity, initiative, thought leadership and credibility.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, marketing or related field.
- Prior successful consultative selling, customer service and/or sales experience (in information technology, telecommunications or a related industry is preferred).
- Must be a driven self-starter who demonstrates the ability to function independently.
- Must have the ability to adapt to the communication styles of all levels within an organization.
- Possess strong business acumen and understand how all aspects of business affect customer perception, from the very first interaction to the last.
- Excellent listening skills, intuition and overall ability to communicate the root of a problem.
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits including life insurance, disability and family and medical leave programs
- 401K Plan with company matching
- Flexible spending accounts for daycare, health care and adoption expenses
- Ten paid holidays and 18 days paid time off (based on full calendar year)
- Sabbatical program
- Casual dress code (jeans) and free garage parking
- Virtual workplace through 2020
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.