The Globe Building Wifi Terms
By using Datotel and the Globe Building Company’s (collectively, “Our” or “We” or “Us”) internet service, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that there are significant security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the internet, whether the connection is facilitated through wired or wireless technology. Security issues include, without limitation, interception of transmissions, loss of data, and the introduction or viruses and other programs that can corrupt or damage your computer.
Accordingly, you agree that We—including its agents, employees, officers, partners, members, and assigns—is/are NOT liable for any interception or transmissions, computer worms or viruses, loss of data, file corruption, hacking or damage to your computer or other devices that result from the transmission or download of information or materials through the internet service provided.
Use of the wireless network is subject to the general restrictions outlined below. If abnormal, illegal, or unauthorized behavior is detected, including heavy consumption of bandwidth, the network provider reserves the right to permanently disconnect the offending device from the wireless network.
You acknowledge and consent, that We may (but are not required to) monitor your communications and activities via this service (including their content) during transmission, and in connection with accessing and the use of this service, including without limitation information about devices through which you access the service (including without limitation device type and device media access control identification information), usage times and volume. We may use and disclose any such information for purposes of administering the service and provide service functionality, analyzing usage, ensuring your compliance with this agreement, applicable law, in cooperation with legal authorities, and as otherwise required to protect our rights, property and interests.
Examples of Illegal Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of illegal uses:
1. Spamming and invasion of privacy – Sending of unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another’s privacy.
2. Intellectual property right violations – Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party.
3. Accessing illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate/circumvent security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
4. The transfer of technology, software, or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations.
5. Export Control Violations
6. Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
7. Uttering threats;
8. Distribution of pornographic materials to minors;
9. and Child pornography.
Examples of Unacceptable Uses
The following are representative examples only and do not comprise a comprehensive list of unacceptable uses:
1. High bandwidth operations, such as large file transfers and media sharing with peer-to-peer programs (i.e.torrents)
2. Obscene or indecent speech or materials
3. Defamatory or abusive language
4. Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
5. Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
8. Distribution of Internet viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive activities
9. Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
11. The sale, transfer, or rental of the Service to customers, clients or other third parties, either directly or as part of a service or product created for resale.
12. Seeking information on passwords or data belonging to another user.
13. Making unauthorized copies of proprietary software, or offering unauthorized copies of proprietary software to others.
14. Intercepting or examining the content of messages, files or communications in transit on a data network.
You acknowledge and agree that this service is provided solely as a convenience to Our guests, “as is”, “with all faults”, and “as available”. You further acknowledge and agree that We disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law all warranties and representations of any kind, whether express, implied or by law, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation any warranties of: (i) merchantability, (ii)fitness for a particular purpose, (iii) non-infringement, (iv) workmanlike effort, (v)quality, (vi)accuracy, (vii)timeliness, (viii) completeness, (ix)title, (x)quiet enjoyment, (xi) no encumbrances, (xii) no liens, (xiii) system integration or (xiv) that access to or use of this service or any part thereof will be uninterrupted, error or defect free, free of viruses or other harmful code, or secure, or that problems will be corrected, even if We are on notice of such problems. You further agree and understand that there are no warranties that extend beyond the face of this agreement; no advice or information given by Us or our respective employees or agents, shall create any warranty, guaranty, promise, or otherwise. If applicable law does not allow the exclusion of some or all of the above implied warranties, you agree that the above exclusions will apply to you to the extent allowed by applicable law.